Show all craft related posts Show all posts for Recipes Show all faith related posts Show all pattern posts Show all posts

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December Daily Day 5 Praise

PRAISE

Today is the perfect day for this subject. 
Because 12 years ago today I gave birth to our last child, Faith. 
The gift that was the best surprise I've ever gotten.

She was the one that I wasn't planning to have. I was done. But God had other plans. And He knew that I needed her. That the world would need her.

She was born 2 weeks before my 40th birthday. On December 6th, my mom had a proceedure done on her corroded artery which would dislodge some debris that two months later found its way into her brain, causing a major stroke.
 I spent the next month driving myself and my newborn everyday down to visit her in the hospital. And every night crying out to God while cuddling this precious bundle and nursing her to sleep.

And then, as my mom was unable to recover the gift of speech, Faith was there for her to babble with.
She had no expectations. She had never known my mom could talk. Faith was the only person in my moms life that didn't feel sorry for her. That didn't pity her. She just loved her.

And as Faith grew and her ability to speak moved beyond my mom's, their relationship grew even more, because she became my moms defender and translator. There was such a bond between the two of them that Faith could understand my mom's garbled speech and communicate on a level that no one else could.

And now that my mom is with Him, I feel so blessed to have been chosen to be her mom. I worry that I am not good enough. That I won't do this thing right. I have made so many mistakes but God knows she was right for me and I for her.
And you are right for your family. They need you, not me.

Col. 1:15-20 says:
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

I think of the time when I found out I was pregnant. I asked God what in the world he was doing. I was too old to have a baby. My family was complete. 2 girls, 2 boys. But He knew better.
And now, in hind sight, I have been the one blessed.

He created her for Himself, and for me.
The same is true for you. Of you.

You were created for Him. For His good pleasure. The Son, the image of the invisible God, The firstborn over all creation created you. And He holds you together. He knows your weaknesses, and knows just what makes you tick. He knows what will get to your heart, and what will drive you to your knees. He WANTS to be in a deep relationship with YOU.

And if that is not reason to praise, I don't know what is!

So take the verse above and praise Him. Personalize it. Pray it back in gratefulness to Him. Thank him, Love him.
It helps with the waiting to love the one you are waiting for. And it helps to love him when you realize who you are in his plan, and who he is and that is his plan is the only one that will work best.

Love to you all!
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment